Monday, January 10, 2011

IVF Schedule

Today I got my schedule for the IVF.  Apparently, my RE has decided that I am likely to respond poorly to a regular luteal phase Lupron protocol, and so she wants to start me on a Microflare protocol, which is more aggressive.  I guess this is her normal approach to patients with low AMH.

I was told not to be alarmed when I get an enormous box full of medications.  All those shots!  Yikes!  Did I mention before that I really dislike getting stuck with needles?  The single Ovidrel shot for the IUI was bad enough, but now it looks like I will be giving myself up to 4 shots per day.  This whole infertility business is a real drag....

The egg retrieval is tentatively scheduled for between February 14th-16th.  The embryo transfer will happen between 2-5 days after that, so we are looking at anywhere from the 16th to the 21st for the transfer.

It's really exciting to have a plan, but at the same time I am so nervous about it not working.  Of course, I fully realize that stress is detrimental to a cycle.  So, rather than letting the stress consume my thoughts, I got some fertility mind-body meditation recordings (from Circle+Bloom) to try to help me relax.  I really like them so far, although my husband has been making fun of me for listening to them on our speakers in the bedroom.  He keeps joking that they might make him ovulate or something.  Honey, if that happens, we have a more complex situation than the RE ever realized......

2 comments:

  1. Hope you don't mind me posting. I recently found your blog and have been reading.

    I found an Andrew Weil CD from the library called Self Healing and my husband will actually do it with me. We listened to a bunch on YouTube meditation/guided imagery clips and burst out laughing a few times. Sounds like your hubby has a great sense of humor. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we'll be on a similar timeline. Definitely appreciate any stress relief ideas during an already stressful process! Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete