Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Moving on to IVF

Well, after discussion with Dr. S. on the phone the other day, I think I am going to move on to IVF after all.  My husband and I are having a formal consultation with her tomorrow to go over our plan for the cycle.  In the meantime, she has prescribed birth control pills for this month in order to allow my ovaries to rest.  It seems ironic to be taking birth control pills at a time when I want to become pregnant!

I am a little nervous about jumping right to the "big guns"(with the associated BIG price tag), but at the same time, I am happy to be moving to something that has a higher likelihood of success.

5 comments:

  1. Stopping by from LFCA to say hello & welcome to the IF blogosphere. I hope you find yourself surrounded by women who have had similar struggles and will support you through your journey as I have. Hoping IVF brings you success and that 2011 holds brighter days ahead for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,

    Thanks so much for your comment. It means a lot to know that I am not alone in my struggles. I just read some of your blog, and your story is both heartbreaking and inspiring. I am sorry for your earlier loss, and I hope that your current pregnancy continues to go well and that 2011 will bring you much joy and happiness with your new arrival.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the strangest thing to start IVF with the Pill. It cracks me up everytime I have to explain to my fertile friends that I'm starting IVF by going on the pill! LoL

    ~Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I've also found you from the LFCA and wanted to say hello. Firstly, I'm so sorry your IUI didn't work, and that you've got to move straight into IVF. I will hopefully be starting my fist IVF cycle late Jan/early Feb - perhaps we'll be cycling together. I wish you lots of luck with your IVF - hopefully you'll only need to do it once!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ladies, thanks for the comments. Yes, this entire process is strange when you think about it. But hopefully it works for all of us this try!

    ReplyDelete