Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Now the wait begins....

I had my IUI done today.  I was concerned about being able to leave work at the appropriate time, but since I was already going to be gone part of the morning to teach a class to the grad students (on a different campus), I had an excuse to be away from the hospital anyway.  Plus, the chair of my department has been really understanding about this whole process, so it hasn't been too hard to leave at odd times here and there for appointments.

The IUI procedure was pretty easy, really.  My husband dropped off his sample early this AM, and then my appointment was an hour and a half later.  The whole process for me took only about 15 minutes.  However, I do have to admit that there are a lot of cramps afterward.   Seems like a good evening to take it easy, and maybe even go to bed early.

And the 2 week wait begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment