Sunday, December 12, 2010

Preparing for IUI on Tuesday

As part of the diagnostic workup and also in preparation for the IUI, I took Clomid for five days starting last Saturday.  Folks, if you have not needed to take Clomid, consider yourselves lucky.  I have never been so labile emotionally in my life.  I was sitting in my office on Wednesday, and just started crying out of nowhere.  Sometimes, guys are prescribed clomid for fertility, too.  I wonder if they get "hormonal" on the drug like we ladies seem to?

My ultrasound on Saturday showed that my follicles were more or less ready for ovulation, but my uterine lining was a a little thin, according to Dr. S.  So, she wants to push the IUI procedure back to Tuesday.

Tonight, I have to inject myself with Ovidrel to stimulate ovulation.  Actually, I am going to make my husband do it, because I can't handle the idea of sticking a needle in myself.  Isn't that pathetic?  I am a physician, for crying out loud, and although I have no problem sticking someone else with a needle, I get queasy thinking about doing it to myself.

Well, at least it's just one injection...for now.  I know there may be a lot more if we wind up doing IVF!

No comments:

Post a Comment