Monday, December 20, 2010

2 week waiting.....

When my husband and I were trying "au naturale", the concept of the two week wait never really occurred to me.  I was never tempted to use home pregnancy tests too far in advance, and only on very rare occasion tested more than once per cycle.  If I was a day or two late (which wasn't uncommon, because I have irregular cycles), I would go ahead and test after I was already a little late.

It's hard to explain what it is that is so different when you are actually doing IUI, IVF, etc.  Maybe it's because it's a procedure that either worked or it didn't.  Maybe it's because the procedure was done on a specific day, so we have a better idea of when we will know if it worked or not.  Maybe it's because we are so much more invested emotionally once it gets to the point of using expensive and invasive treatments.

Whatever the reason, I have never been more hyper-aware of my body and my cycles before.  I have been feeling little crampy twinges the last two days, and keep imagining that it could be implantation.  I took a pregnancy test today, even though I know darn well it's WAY WAY WAY too early.  I mean seriously, implantation (if it is going to happen this month) won't happen until 6-12 days post ovulation.  Even if it happened at the early end, what are the chances that there would be enough HCG to give a positive test yet?  Pretty slim!

It was negative, not surprisingly.  I guess the good news about that is that the Ovidrel trigger is out of my system, so I know that if I get a positive, it will be a real one.

Who wants to take bets that despite what I just said, I will still test each day up until Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment