Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fert report

The embryologist called me this morning and told me that of the 10 eggs retrieved, 6 appeared mature.  He performed ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection) on those 6.  Of those, 4 fertilized right away, one didn't appear to fertilize, and the last one didn't make it at all.  So as of right now, I have four embryos to work with, and he said all 4 looked appropriately developed for now.  He told me there was a very slight possibility that that 5th one would fertilize overnight, but he didn't really think it would.

So tomorrow, I am tentatively scheduled for my egg transfer at 10:45 tomorrow.  Yes, that's right a two day transfer...my RE believes in getting the embryos back inside mom sooner rather than later!  However, there is one caveat.  I should be getting a call from the embryologist at 8:30 tomorrow morning, and he will let me know what quality of eggs we have.   I was told that we will proceed with the day 2 transfer only if a couple of the embryos appear to be of better quality than the others.  Otherwise, if they all look to be the same quality-wise, we may push it back to Friday for selection purposes.  I am so nervous and excited!

Tonight, I had my final alcoholic beverage for (hopefully) nine months.  I figured I should get it out of my system!

Gotta go... it's time to take my prenatals and listen to my mind-body relaxation series.

No comments:

Post a Comment