Sunday, February 13, 2011

Trigger tonight!

I am finally getting this show on the road, apparently!  I went in for a follicle check both yesterday and today, and although I still didn't have a lot of follicles, Dr. S thought it was enough to proceed with the retrieval.   I had four that were between 14 and 19 mm, and a couple above 20.  One was over 30, in fact.  She said that the ones that are a whole lot larger (greater than 20) are more likely to have poor quality eggs, so she doesn't think those will yield anything we can use.  I also had a couple between 10 and 14, and she said those are more likely to be immature, but they would probably try to retrieve them anyway.

 So....it's trigger time!  Tonight at 9:45 I am giving myself a humungous shot in the rear end.  I wish my husband was here to help, but he is on call at the hospital.  This is going to require some serious flexibility.

I am glad to be done with the Follistim and Menopur, at least.  I can deal with giving myself two more shots, and then being done with shots for the rest of the cycle.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment